Monday, July 11, 2011

Welp.

Power is out again at my house, and much of the surrounding area. There was a bad storm this morning (and I was lucky enough to get to drive through the high winds, white-out rain, and falling branches on the tollway!) and I guess we lost power quickly. Figures.
The news says that  over 700,000 people are now without power, the most following any storm in the last half-decade. Ugh!

An update from Tom Skilling - "Commonwealth Edison says the loss of electricity this "derecho" (the term for squall which holds together over a long path producing damage all the way) has produced is the worst in at least a decade and among the 3 worst on Com Ed's books here. It may end up the all time worst, says the company. It's t-storms towered to 61,000 ft. which is swept across the metro area producing gusts of 80 mph at some locations." 

I'll probably try to do the whole generator-to-watch-movies thing again, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to post or not. If it's quiet around these parts again, you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment