Saturday, October 8, 2011

Disqus

So, I installed Disqus on my blog for a new and hopefully better way to comment!

First and most awesomely, you can now directly reply to comments, so we can actually have discussions if we want to! I think you can also get notified if you get a response to your comment, and see cool stuff like reactions that other people have had. You can also share your comments on Twitter and all sorts of stuff.

You also can comment using a whole myriad of different accounts - Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, etc. It's much more intuitive to use than how Blogger normally is. I also think you can comment without an account, but then you get James Spader as your picture. Although I think everyone has that as their picture right now because of how importing the comments works. Yay!

I know that a lot of people who comment online might already be familiar with Disqus, since it's used on a lot of popular websites like Wired and stuff. Other actual news website use it too, but uh, I don't read those at work so I don't really know anything about that.

It's not so scary anymore and it seems pretty nice so far, so I hope you guys play around with it and stuff - feel free to post dumb comments on this post and mess around here so you can see how it works and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment